Compass Education Foundation Information
The Compass Education Foundation supports the pursuits of Central Coast students seeking the highest levels of healthcare career excellence. By providing funds to local students, the organization hopes to meet ever present demands for skilled, compassionate nurses and healthcare providers. Awarded funds can be used to provide support while enrolled or as reimbursement for previous educational pursuits. We recognize the indispensable value of careers that nurture the health and well-being of our local community.
Compass Education Foundation encourages all interested Central Coast residents to apply, provided they meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Reside on the Central Coast (San Luis Obispo County or Santa Barbara County).
- Be enrolled in an accredited college, as a full time or part time student, seeking a healthcare related certification or degree, or be able to show proof of costs associated with attendance at an accredited college, seeking a healthcare related certification or degree, within the last year.
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or higher.
- Demonstrate a strong financial need.
- Demonstrate strong leadership abilities and moral character.
- Demonstrate plans for working on the Central Coast after completing their education.
- Show potential to bring diversity to the local healthcare workforce.
Eligible Healthcare Programs
- Acute Care Nurse Assistant
- Medical Assisting
- Dental Assisting
- Psychiatric Technician
Applications accepted annually May 1 – May 31
Recipients are selected based on their submission of sanctioned application materials, prior academic performance, educational and healthcare field career goals, demonstrated financial need and proven leadership qualities. The number of scholarships awarded, and the amount of each award is discretionary based on the number of applicants, applicant qualifications, and available funds. Applications may be submitted at any time during the year; however, the Board makes no assurances that they will be reviewed in a timely manner.